POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Function Media : Re: Function Media Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function Media
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 19 Jan 2000 05:24:44
Message: <388590ec@news.povray.org>
ryan mooney wrote in message:
 > I wish i had the patients to switch to Mega... I guess
> i will have to wait till Official. pov supports this stuff...

I was too... but I couldn't stand seeing so many neat usage of so many new
features, I had to try it. The switch is _really_ easy to do:
* get MegaPov from Nathan's website
* unzip MegaPov.exe and place it in povray/bin
* run it

and all your previous scenes should work although with some small diferences
in the output image. And the official POV is still there, running perfectly.

Disclaimer:
This is from memory, for Windows. As it was really smooth - I had no trouble
at all - I may already have forgotten a step - check the doc.

Warning:
It is now a week since I downloaded MegaPov, and my computer is now
rendering 24/7... animated media, mmh :-)

Povingly,

Philippe